Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission describes a project or a self-reflection that is action learning or action research in nature, as defined in the Action Learning / Action Research Submission section of the Author Guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is 1.5 or double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and the location for all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, however the actual illustrations are provided in separate files each file named according to author and illustration.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Do not submit a pdf
Do not provide information about the author's name in the main body of the paper
Provide author information on a separate file
On submission authors agree to share 50% copyright with Action Learning, Action Research Association Ltd (ALARA). On receipt of payment for public access to identified papers, authors who are members of ALARA at the time of payment will receive 50% of the fee. The remaining 50% will be returned to ALARA.
ALARA is publishing both a hard copy and an electronic copy. There may be a delay in receiving the hard copy, as it is printed by an external print-on-demand publisher.